Are you planning a party? They can get boring if you don’t have a theme or any games. Have you ever had a Secret Santa gift swap? They’re a lot of fun and a great way to get people into a party mood.
Holding a Secret Santa for teens is easy to plan, doesn’t have to mean buying expensive gifts, and can be organized right from your phone. Whether you’re the one planning the party for your friends or if you’re a parent looking for ideas your teen will love, a gift exchange can take your party from just good to Gucci.
Why Choose a Secret Santa for Teens?
If you’re throwing a party, it can be hard to think of ideas everyone can get into. And if you’re throwing a party for your teenager, it’s even harder.
But a gift exchange is sure to be a hit. After all, who doesn’t like getting presents? What makes it even better is that you don’t have to wait for holidays or birthdays, as you can have a secret Santa gift exchange any time. Sure, “Santa” is in the name, but the secret is not to wait until Christmas. The fact that it’s a party with your friends is what makes the occasion special.
Getting a present isn’t the only fun part; so is giving one. There’s something wonderful about taking the time to be thoughtful toward a friend. The act of giving deepens your friendship and shows how much you really care. Not to mention, having a secret is always fun, and you’ll enjoy keeping your gift recipient guessing.
Celebrate Whenever it Feels Right
There’s no rule that says when you can or cannot hold a Secret Santa for teens. Instead, have one whenever the time feels right, such as:
- Group birthdays: Do two or more people in your friend group have birthdays that are close together? You can have a gift exchange to celebrate everyone’s birthday at once. This is helpful if you don’t have the cash to buy several gifts. And everyone goes home with a present, not just the birthday boy or girl.
- Graduations/end of year parties: A gift exchange is a great way to celebrate graduation or to celebrate getting through another school year.
- Back to school: Buying new clothes for school is fun, but no one wants summer to end. Make going back to school more fun by having a gift exchange party. Because you’ll know you’re starting a new year with friends.
- Let’s party: Sometimes you just wanna have a party. Maybe there’s an open crib or you’re just sick of being serious all the time.
How Do You Organize a Secret Santa for Teens?
- Have everyone sign up with the Secret Santa generator.
- Create a gift exchange event and add details, such as the deadline and price limit.
- Everyone makes a wish list, choosing items they’d like to receive as gifts. If you’re stumped on what to ask for, you can browse gift ideas for teens.
- The app or website will automatically assign everyone a gift partner and notify all participants.
- Buy your gift partner their present! You can buy directly from their wish list, making shopping easy. And if you have any questions, you can ask them anonymously through the app.
- Party time!
The best part about using such a service is that you’ll always get your friends gifts they want. Even if they’re hard to shop for, you can be sure your friend will love their gift; because they chose it for themself.
Live Your Best Life
Why party if it’s not extra? Don’t have a boring party where no one has anything to do or talk about. Have a gift exchange. It will get everyone involved and bring your friends closer together—because nothing deepens friendships more than trading thoughtful gifts. Years from now when you look back, you’ll see it’s not just about the gifts; it’s about the memories.
Elfster makes it simple to throw a Secret Santa for teens. Everyone can start a Wish Listand our Secret Santa generator will pair people up randomly. And Elfster has an iPhone app or Android appso you can organize your gift exchange from your phone.