Think quick! It’s almost Halloween and you’ve pretty much wolfed down your colossal candy stockpile. All that’s left for your guests is one measly bag of morsels, giving you the sense that somewhere in a day-glow painted boiler room, Willy Wonka is weeping.
Well snap out of it! Halloween is no time to neglect your friends, or your crafting either. You’ve got no time to waste going to the store to buy more candy and party supplies, so you’ll have to make do with the bare essentials…
Don’t just stand there! Grab that old pad of construction paper, and find some scissors and tape, pronto! Today we’re making decorative fun-sized candy bags. Even though you still have a tummy ache, and your tongue has yet to return to its original color, with these cute little favors, your guests might just overlook your stinginesss with the sweets!
1. Cut a standard sheet of construction paper in half, lengthwise.
2. Fold the longer two sides inward to meet at the middle of the page.
3. Make a fold (inward) at about 4.5 inches from the edge of the page, on each end.
4. Cut the paper on the four creases created in the middle, stopping at the edge of the folds.
5. Glue or tape the outer edges of each side together.
There you have it. You now have your very own miniature party favor bag, in any festive color that you want! Think of it as a blank canvas. Now, using more construction paper, you can customize the bag to look like just about any Halloween character imaginable.
For our motley crew, we created an owl, a mummy, a bat and, of course, Frankenstein. But the possibilities are endless. This Halloween, if you want to save your guests a trip to the dentist, give them these bite-sized party bags. (And enjoy the extra treats ’til Turkey Day!)
Latest posts by Stephanie K (see all)
- How To Be Happy During The Christmas Holidays - December 17, 2018
- 10 Secret Santa Strategies To Keep Your Giftee Guessing - December 10, 2018
- Sparking Controversy: White Christmas Lights or Multi-Colored? - November 19, 2018